Friday, March 7, 2014

Getting tired

Over the past couple of years I have been finding the odd website here or there that is displaying my landscape plans as their own creations under their own landscape design advertisement page...I have personally contacted over 10 websites with the request that they remove my plans.

The original work is displayed on these links...with my permission of course:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

It is getting kind of tiring for me to go around emailing these folks and requesting they remove "my work" that they are advertising as their own..."on their sites".

So I will just create this blog post and list their sites for you to look at my work being displayed across the internet

Thomas Landscape Design, 619-249-9010 :
http://www.thomaslandscapedesign.com/design.html

619-647-5813
http://thomaslandscapedesign.com/designs__services

Creative Gardens
Ballyneety
Limerick
Co. Limerick

Tel: Office (+353) 61 450666
Tel: Brian (+353) 87 9927335
Tel: Seamus (+353) 87 6666613


http://www.creativegardens.ie/index.php/about

The company listed below is a good example of how the page designer thinks its okay to display another persons work by cropping out the the original title block and watermarked copywrite stamp on it:

Garpiel Landscaping

2609 Carrolton Road, Saginaw, MI 48602 • PHONE: (989) 797-4749 • TOLL FREE: (877) 797-4749 • FAX: (989) 755-6685


http://www.garpiellandscaping.com/our-services/landscape-design


I often have sat and wondered as I wrote out individual emails to the various sites that have my work on them...how do you sleep at night knowing you are displaying someones work as your own? Displaying something that is unique to the hand of the person that created it?

The drawings are not computer generated and not colored by computer...they are hand drawn and rendered by a technique that is unique to me. So my question is if it is my drawing that gets your customers calling you for a landscape design like the one you are displaying...what happens when they ask for the same results and you cannot reproduce them?

One of my biggest concerns when I opened the doors to my business was that what I displayed was my work and when a customer called me...I was able to give them what I displayed and much more...in school there was a course we took which taught us Ethics and Morals in the practice of Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design...and a big part of that was never to plagiarize someones work...and I have stuck by that for the past 10 years.

Anyway, if you are the owner or web designer/master of one of these sites listed...and would like the link removed from this post...remove my designs first and then contact me with your request. This blog post is in no way meant to be slanderous towards you it is just a way to save me the time and effort of composing individual emails with this theme....and it may be a polite way of saying...Get your own designs to display!!!

Paul Corsetti
416-455-5515
paulcorsetti@rogers.com
www.gardenstructure.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment